The purpose of this blog is to document those small steps (the deeds) which often seem insignificant and how they eventually lead to the ultimate realization of dream(s). This is what the name of the blog itself symbolizes, as it speaks of the inseperableness of those two concepts – dreams and deeds! It echoes Joel Barker’s quote:
“Vision without action is merely a dream. Action without vision just passes the time. Vision with action can change the world.”
It is in that light that I’ve decided to make this blog to track my progress until the eventual realization of an ultimate vision of mine – The Dream Institute! Sounds fancy, don’t it?
I would like to welcome you on board to my journey towards the realization of this vision. What is The Dream Institute, you ask? I imagine it’ll be bi-annual convention that would be held in different parts of the world, where creatives gather around to meet with other creatives, sharpening their skills, and getting themselves equipped with the necessary tools they need to impact the world with their innovative creations. It is a lofty goal, but all goals are accomplished “one step at a time”, they say!
All this was triggered during the week of May 14th till May 19th 2012, which was a strenuous and mind-stretching effort made by the LeaderShape Institute to make students like me believe in endless possibilities. In relation to this, Eleanor Roosevelt beautifully points out that
“The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.”
So in connection to what I learned from the institute about goal setting, this blog is one of the few manageable goals I can accomplish in no time, which would eventually feed into the stretch goals I have. Follow along… and for the things I do get right, I’ll need an occasional pat on the shoulder or a cookie, I’m serious!
And of course, with the creation of the blog, I get to tick one off!
_ _______ _ _ _ _ _ _______ _ _ _ _ _ _______ _
NAVIGATING THE POSTS ON THE BLOG:
- ALL POSTS <- For, well, EVERY post written on the blog.
- CORE VALUES <- For posts that explore my experiences in light of my core values: Authenticity, Balance, Creativity, Growth, and Service.
- DREAMS and VISION <- For posts that explore and highlight my dreams and visions for the life I lead.
- FAILURE <- Failure indeed isn’t fatal, and is absolutely necessary for Success. Some of the posts in this section can be found under the VULNERABILITY section as well.
- POSSIBILITIES <- A section of the blog devoted to inspire and remind us as dreamers of the possibilities that are ever so endless.
- G.O.O.D <- G.O.O.D is an acronym for Getting Out Our Dreams – a section devoted to sharing others’ dreams.
- VULNERABILITY <- For posts that explore the fear, disappointment, discouragement, failure, etc. that’s typical of the life of a dreamer.
- GUEST POST <- For posts written by others shared on/for the blog.
- UNCATEGORIZED <- For posts that haven’t found a home in one of the sections listed above.